Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving Thanks!

This year I have been feeling extra festive so we have been celebrating Thanksgiving all week long at school. Last Wednesday the school cafeteria was serving a turkey dinner so we decided to push the desks together to make a few long tables and eat lunch in our room. My students weaved some paper together to make festive place mats and they made themselves Indian and Pilgrim headbands. It really was hilarious how much they were getting into it. They even started calling each other "Chief Mose" and writing "Nicole the Pilgrim" on their papers.Since my students were becoming such Thanksgiving aficionados I decided to teach them how to weave with yarn. Our looms were pretty small so the finished product turned out to be more like a weaved coaster. It became a great fast finisher. When they finished their classwork they chose if they wanted to silent read or silent weave. It was great!!

1 comment:

dishes and laundry said...

What an awesome teacher and an awesome class. I know a lot of your students from last year - I miss them! Looks like you had a great time.