Monday, April 21, 2008

Culinary Geniuses

Contrary to some people's opinions I have been known to be quite the genius in the kitchen. This weekend was no exception. My grandma and Aunt Pat came to visit from California which meant that on Sunday we had what my grandma terms a "Grandma Party". That means that any relative in the area is welcome to visit her at my mom's house and eat lots of food. So my mom suggested that I make some homemade oreos (you know the kind with the devil's food cake mix and cream cheese frosting). So I did and my Aunt who IS an official culinary genius was assisting me and we started talking about the variety of cake mixes my mom had in the basement (apparently they were on sale 2 for a dollar). I mentioned that lemon cake mix makes a good cookie as well so we decided to try it.
I give you... LEMY-O's
This is the picture of the official Lemy-o's unveiling ceremony.
Please note that it is pronounced "Lemy-o" not "Lem-o" (mom) or "Lame-o" (Clark). Ok that wasn't the official unveiling. That was a posed picture that my mom thought would be better for marketing purposes. This is the original picture...
I love it because my aunt is laughing so hard probably because of everyone's faces looking at us. I don't think they were expecting such a formal presentation. But once they tried one... they understood.

No comments: