Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What the Folk!

I would like to take a moment to put in a shameless plug for one of the funniest things I have seen this week, in my house, on a dvd. Recently my bro, Clark, introduced me to Flight of the Conchords. They used to be "New Zealand's 4th most popular guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo". Now they are "the almost award-winning fourth-most-popular folk duo in New Zealand." I became an instant fan. But really, what is not to love. Basically it is a show about two guys from NZ, Bret (pronounced "Brit") and Jermaine, who come to New York and are trying to make it big with their band F of the C (that is street slang for Flight of the Conchords). Each episode takes you through a week of their lives with them occasionally breaking out into song. You can see for yourself in this clip from a F of the C episode. It is definitely in my top three!

So did his dance moves "seal the deal" for you?

3 comments:

Hess said...

Alina I found you blog address on face book. It is fun to see what everyone is doing. It looks like you get to travel all the time how fun.

My blog address is mareah.blogspot.com

Clark said...

I can't believe that there isn't more excitement about the F of the C. It is definitely in my top three (depending on the day). "My place is normally tidier than this!"

Pablo said...

You're a legend Clark!!