Friday, June 22, 2007

I Like To Cruise It, Cruise It...


Earlier this month we took a mini-cruise as a family for our yearly family vacation. And when I say "family" I mean what is left of it.... me, Clark, John, Taylor and of course mom and dad (someone's gotta pay). Since we have downsized in the family department, we invited our neighbors the Brincks. This mini-cruise included stops in San Diego, Catalina and Ensenada.

"And if a double-decker bus kills the both of us, to die by your side, the pleasure, the privilege is mine."






So before leaving for said mini-cruise we stopped at our Grandma Clark's house in Santa Monica for a pre-cruise "weigh-in". John's goal was to achieve a 10 lbs. weight gain during our one week cruise. Grandma thought this would be feasible thanks to the constant cruise buffet. After the cruise we went back to Grandma's to report. The result is evident in this picture...

... OK fine. Apparently Grandma's solar powered scale broke while we were on the mini-cruise due to water damage. But when we got there she said, "Don't tell John the scale is broken just have your camera ready". Well if that wasn't enough you should have seen my mom's face when she stepped on the scale. Priceless!

7 comments:

Gretchen said...

You should keep that scale around for practical joke purposes!!

(BTW, I'm Camie's friend - Great blog so far! Keep up the good work)

Emily said...

Yeah! Another blogger. I'm so glad. So many times I've wondered what you are up to and now I can see for myself. Thank you Mandy for the link. Love the blog and your random musings.

Mandalynn said...

Random Musings - that's the title I suggested. Alina decided on Ramblings of the alliteration.

Camie said...

hmmmm, maybe my scale is broken...oh wait, my pants don't fit either.

Anonymous said...

That is the ugliest picture of me ever, why did you put that one on?
!Hijole! muy gordo
-John, tu hermano

Anonymous said...

What happened to your sister? I am jealous of the cruise..I do go to SLC sometimes..that is about as wild as it gets!! XOXO

Pablo said...

My sister Mona is on a mission in Rochester, NY and my brother Jovern is in St. Louis, MO on his mission.