Thursday, June 21, 2007

I Spent Last Night...in LOUISIANA!

The great thing about working in a year-round school is that I have a break about every nine weeks. During my last break I went to visit some of my favorite former roommates Erika, Mark and Brandino in New Orleans.
This is us on a swamp tour. The great thing about a swamp tour is that one is able to learn the definitions of many words such as: "camp"- a temporary living place, "residency"- a permanent living place, and "hollow"- empty inside. A very educational experience overall and yes we saw several alligators!

Since this was my first visit to the South we decided to do it right and we had a crawfish boil thanks to the "cuisenairey" expertise of Mark. First we played with the live crawfish, then we threw the little guys into a pot of boiling water and then we ate them.
It was fantastic!

To enhance my New Orleans experience Erika and I decided to take a ghost tour through the French Quarter. Much to our disappointment the ghost tour was... well let's just say that half way through Erika asks our tour guide..."Do you know where Brad and Angelina live?" Of course he did and it ended up being the highlight of everyone's tour. Unfortunately they were not home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are HOT!! Why would someone seek out a ghost?

Lafter

Anonymous said...

I think you are making fun of how smart cajuns are.
Speaking of how smart...
I was on patrol the other day and seen a sign at a dry cleaners door that said " Pre pay means Pay in advance".

Anonymous said...

Alina, you are hilarious!! I love your Blog.

Ruth said...

Woo Hoo! SO glad to see you in the blogging world. Next time you must come see your other favorite roomates...I guess I was never a roommate, you were just our Phoebe.