Monday, September 10, 2007

Bringing "Feelings" Back

Last weekend I had the pleasure of hangin' with my homegirls T-licious and Foxy A (otherwise known as Tara and Celeste) chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool at the End of Summer Jamboree at Thanksgiving Point. Despite the fact that entering Thanksgiving Point is like entering Prison we had a pretty good time. Points of interest were: The Aquabats (fun for kids and spectating from a distance), The Format (AZ locals), Some girl who sang songs about feelings, Toad the Wet Sprocket (surprisingly excellent) and the main reason for attending and lets face it the main reason for my existence... Dashboard Confessional (two words- tight pants and hightops, need I say more). Here is the magnificence himself, Chris Carrabba...
I am sorry but I don't care if he does spend most of his time screaming infidelities it was definately worth the wait of a 12 hour concert just for this piece of eye candy. I especially liked how Glen Phillips from Toad the Wet Sprocket, talking about Chris, said he was "bringing feelings back".

As a sidenote: on the way to the concert we stumbled upon a fantastic little restaurant. And for all my gueros out there who love juice it is a must try.

It's the Aquabats! High Five!














P.S. If anyone knows what a "Sprocket" is please let me know.

2 comments:

Mandalynn said...

You know how much I love hightops and tight pants. They're two of my favorite things from the 80s. Those and side ponytails.

Plus this guera loves juice.

Ruth said...

Totally jealous. I love Dashboard Confessionals. In fact I sing to them loudly on the way to work quite often.