Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ms. Ideaz!

Since I am currently off-track from school I decided to help out some fellow teachers and do some "trade days". Trade days means that I substitute for them while I am off-track and then they substitute for me when they are off track. In this manner we can save our sick days and we get more days off for free! Anyway, on Monday I substituted for a Kindergarten teacher. It was quite the entertaining experience. My favorite was a little Mexican boy (or "Messican" as he kept saying). He kept asking me what my name was and when I would tell him he would say "Ms. Ideaz?" It was pretty funny.
Anyway the purpose of this post was to share what wonderful things the students of Ms. Ideaz have learned during their unit on safety. We talked about different safety topics during our last few weeks of school and on the last day I put them in groups, assigned a director, and let them create their own "Second Grade Public Service Announcement". We watched a few examples from YouTube but the scripting and acting is purely their own. I would also like to add that I did assign all students a job in their group and one of the jobs was Costume Design. This cracked me up because they took it very seriously and tried to coordinate their outfits. The best comment I heard was from one group who wanted their "bully" to wear red because "bullies wear red".

Special Thanks to Raimee who did the editing and added the special effects!
p.s. The video is a little fuzzy to protect the identity of the students. Just kidding. I will try to get a better version of the video later. Sorry.

2 comments:

Mandalynn said...

Do you want to do some drugs?

dishes and laundry said...

Those kids are darling! I worked with many of them in Mrs. Andrew's first grade class last year. You've got a good class!

I saw Raimee's PSA movie - how creative you both are! Your class did great!