Monday, March 24, 2008

Easters!

My mother is convinced that holidays would be a lot more fun if she had grandkids. Clark and I, on the other hand, are not convinced and we spent most of this weekend proving otherwise. First we dug up our old easter baskets that were made for us when we were little kids. Then we had to make a few repairs because Clark's bunny was losing it's nose and my bunny had a deformed leg (which you can still see). Then we dyed easter eggs and watched Nacho Libre (an easter appropriate movie).

On Sunday, after more lamenting about having no grandkids, we had our traditional easter basket hunt. Every year my dad would hide our easter baskets and we would spend hours looking for them. My dad is the master of hiding easter baskets and he prides himself on his creativity. (His best being taping John's basket above the door frame.) Even though we are in our later twenties and dad was limited to one level of the house it still took about an hour and a half and several hints to find our baskets. Overall, pretty good Easters...who needs grandkids when you have immature children! That's what I say!

4 comments:

Jana and BJ said...

I love it!!! So where were the baskets? That reminds me of our Christmas treasure hunts. :)

Anonymous said...

I hear the "grand child whine" almost daily. Sigh..It dosen't work MOM!!

I am glad that just because the Easter Bunny didn't find you..you went and found him!! You are FAB!

Lafter

Clark said...

I don't think you are being 100% honest. I bet you wished mom had grandchilrden too - i am thinking you felt this way around the hour and a half mark of not being able to find your basket. :)

Clark said...

Memorable Quotes from the Event

"just in CASE its easter, stop the VIOLINS"

"You may not be warm but your basket is"

"Let's hide the doubled eggs and have Heydy search for them"

"Easter hors d'oeuvres!"