Sunday, August 10, 2008

Big Winners!!

Yesterday my sister Mona and I went to Smiths to do a little grocery shopping. Little did we know it was "Founders Day" at Smiths. OK so we really don't know what that means except that when we walked in they offered us some cake and gave us some tickets for a drawing they were having. We bypassed the cake (it was white with lots of colorful frosting ..ew..),took the tickets and sauntered on to the produce department. Whilst in the produce department they called two winning ticket numbers over the loud speaker and the winner was.... Me!Can you believe it? I couldn't and I was by far the most enthusiastic person there (except for the 16 year old bagger boy. He seemed to be the only one who noticed that I was jumping up and down with excitement.) Anyway, I spun the wheel and won... a pie? Oh well, still a prize and I like prizes!We continued shopping and we were just about to check out when the oh so enthusiastic store manager got back on the pa system to call out two more lucky numbers. I stood in front of him trying to catch his eye and motion the number 166 to him (that was Mona's number) He called "1-6" and glanced at me while I motioned another 6, "6?". Yay!! We started jumping up and down again. He looked at us and said " You guys won again? You must have cheated." Us cheat? (no comments please) So he checked her ticket and Mona spun the wheel... She won... a brand new DVD of $9.99 value or less!
Overall it was a very successful shopping trip!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Congratulations!

It"s me said...

Yea for winning! I wouldn't have been so lucky... I have no luck!

Sara J Low said...

Wow you and Mona are TOTALLY WICKED!!! That calls for a little brown-chicken-brown-cow! YIPEEEEEE

Clark said...

Those sexy barn animals make it sound like monica got a sandalous $9.99 or less movie.