Saturday, August 16, 2008

Who's our German Bruder comes from Germany...

He's here!!!
This year my family is hosting a foreign exchange student from Germany. Sandor is his name. Pronounced "Zandohr". He is one cool kid. He speaks English very well, plays the electric guitar and he is super friendly and outgoing.
Here we are making our final preparations. We were running a little late. Clark and I were working on the welcome poster so Jordan was working on my hair.
Here is Sandor's American room. Very festive.
And here we are at the airport.
When Sandor got to our house he said "Wow it's just like being in an American movie". So far Sandor has been introduced to 3 liter soda (fan), squishy bread (not a fan), rootbeer (not a fan, you should have seen his face. I wish I would have captured it on film) and peanut butter (fan). He thinks that we are hilarious. He loved his room, our welcome song and he said I had good German pronunciation when I asked him if he wanted some gum (in German).

3 comments:

Mandalynn said...

I loved the festive American room. It made me laugh.

Mrs. J said...

The new bruder looks just like your family! And he thinks you are funny? It must be fate.

Sara J Low said...

How exciting to have a new family member for a little while. He'll have to join us for margarita's and daquries (sp?)!