Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"I Like You Because You're Not Right in the Head"

Last night Mandy and I went to the concert of a lifetime...
Morrissey live in a barn!
It was fantastic... the intimate setting... the lyrical genius-ness... and Morrissey took his shirt off twice. Apparently that is his signature move to remove his shirt during the song "Let Me Kiss You". The shirt removal was also appropriately staged because does it while singing:
Close your eyes
and think of someone
you physically admire

and let me kiss you
let me kiss you
But then you open your eyes

and you see someone
that you physically despise (remove shirt)
The best is that his shirt is all sweaty and then he kisses it and throws it to the audience. A fight almost broke out because of it. It was sweeet!

Sure Morrissey is old and a little chubby but his voice and songs are timeless. This was my first time seeing him live and I was glad to do so with the original, ultimate fan Mandy (I know there have been a lot of recent converts but Mandy is still the original and a s she puts it "I know I am not a significant part of his l ife but he is a significant part of mine. I have loved him for 2 decades.") I think that is pretty hard core. I only wish I had seen him 20 years earlier then I would have seen this...
Other concert highlights included the backup boy band or "Boy's club" as Morrissey most likely refers to them. And of course my Morrissey belt buckle which was given to me by Tara... Thank you Tara!

2 comments:

Mandalynn said...

Seeing my comment about Morrissey being a significant part of my life makes me sound like some kind of deranged fan. Oh wait, I am.

It"s me said...

You are so goofy.