Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Party on Wheels!

"Mucho gusto!!!" This was my favorite picture because it took several tries to get it right. Luckily we had time while we were waiting at the Mexican border... Me, Kyla, Laura and Ramzy
Nice bikes!
T.O.W. on the ride again!! This time we rode 50 miles from Rosarito to Ensenada in sunny Mexico. This ride was awesome and just as the registration promised it was definitely a "Party on Wheels".

There was a lot of craziness going on. Many of the riders dress up in costumes or just interesting clothes. We saw a group of 4 Dorothys and a scarecrow. Raimee's favorite was the guys dressed in only ladies underwear and wrestling masks. (two words: ew and ow) And my favorite... people with donkey heads on their bikes wearing panchos and sombreros... very festive! Local kids line the streets to cheer for the bikers and the bikers throw them candy. Again very festive.

Luckily they had roadside assistance... I had a small incidence climbing up the 4 mile mountain. I was unable to downshift and had to tough the hill by riding in my second gear the whole way up. I'm a champ, I know!

The rest stops were also awesome because unlike the Heber ride where they had water, gatorade and fruit the Rosarito ride had stops at various cantinas where they served ice cold beer and tamales. Hmm... drunk people on bikes...and just in time for the 4 miles downhill.

At the finish line they had a fiesta for all the participants and the locals of course! Overall, good times were had by all!

4 comments:

dishes and laundry said...

It looks like you all had a blast! I'm so impressed that you did this - you inspire me.
So when you go next year, will you dress up in costumes? And throw candy? You guys are awesome!

Camie said...

You are the coolest girl I know. Don't tell Mandy or Ruth ok?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Alina! It looks like you had a great time. I am thouroughly impressed. How's the bum?
--Christi G

Anonymous said...

Alina, you are my party on wheels!