Monday, May 19, 2008

Fiesta!

Friday night Jord and I went to the Mexican Heritage Fiesta in West Valley. Last year my friend Stephanie and I stumbled upon it and were so impressed that we planned to attend the next year. So here we are. This was Jordy's first fiesta experience and he loved it. According to him the music was quite "catchy". This next picture I like to call "Save some corn for me" (in the voice of Nacho Libre)...Esmeralda and I decided that next year we are going to try out for the Latin Heritage Dancers. They were fantastic...
The highlight of course was the Mariachi. My favorite part of the fiesta is when they do what I call "Mexican Idol". People from the audience can come on stage and sing a song with the Mariachi band and then we vote for the best singer. It is fantastic. People are so passionate while singing but the best was when they asked for a gringo participant. It was something else. Here we are with "the band"...
Leslie, mariachi, Esmeralda, Stephanie, mariachi, me, mariachi & mariachi

No comments: