Monday, May 19, 2008

Inspiring Hispafrics

Saturday evening I went with some friends to the Living Traditions Festival downtown. This is one of my favorite events of the year that is hosted by the city. They set up two stages in the park for song and dance performances from different cultural groups. They also invite food vendors to sell different kinds of ethnic foods. This year however, I stumbled upon something new... Hispafric dancing (hispanic africans). It was so impressive I had to take a video...
Did you notice the lead singer with her sun-g's, tiara and leg warmers. Apparently dance moves such as the tootsie roll and booty shake are traditional hispafric dance moves. Who knew?

3 comments:

Sara J Low said...

Holy buckets! That's the funniest thing I've seen all day long! I love the girl in the back that looks like she's trying to get noticed for her big break. I wonder if she practices at home alone in front of the mirror! HILLARIOUS!

Mrs. J said...

Forget Zumba, I want to take Hispafrics. Where do you think I can sign up?

Clark said...

I think my favorite moves are the first few - the two tae-bo punches and the air guitar. partly because i can learn to do those. (i am definitely practicing in front of my mirror)