Monday, May 19, 2008

Salt Lake Century

On Saturday, Team T.O.W. (Teachers On Wheels) tackled the Salt Lake Century. It was a pretty nice ride. Good weather and semi-flat roads. Here is our official team photo...At first we thought we might be able to ride the full 100 miles but as the day wore on we opted for the 72 mile route. Good thing too, by mile 70 I was pretty much dead. Luckily I survived with only a few mishaps. First being attacked by a bunch on balloons from an open house sign on the road and Second losing half of my lips on a celebratory popsicle at the end of the ride.

3 comments:

Mrs. J said...

Who knew balloons and popsicles could be so dangerous!

And thanks for posting the picture with my mouth full of food! :)

MaRea Hess said...

I have always wondered how people could stand to sit on a bike for that long. Does everyone get hemmroids? I think I would after the 10 mile.

dishes and laundry said...

You are so much more on the ball than I am! I'm so jealous that you guys got to go on to the 72 miles. What the heck...balloons????